Thursday, 26 March 2009

Santiago and La Serena viddies


This is a short clip of the acrobatic play in Santiago. The sound system was unbelievably loud, especially as it was just behind the president's house!


Lucas (aka Ducash), Jamie & Jackie's son, knows when there's a camera around.

Here are Gregor and Catalina, the two youngest - they're great fun.



A petroglyph near La Serena. Archaeologists found lots of ancient pipes in the area for smoking hallucinogenic substances - you wouldn't think it from seeing this would you?

8 comments:

  1. Em, were these like the petroglyphs at 'Owl Caves'? Ahh, those spelunker Twin Peaks moments. Weirdly pretty but what is this obsession with symmetry, eh? Looks kind of like Mario-esque 'evil' mushroom too. These videos are very cute... you must know you've bonded with the locals to some extent when you're sharing in-jokes with their young children! And yes, I believe Roger Moore said that. x xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bom ver-te no video com o Lucas!
    Um beijinho
    X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi babes!

    Just want to let you know I'm still following enthusiastically though I need to consult an atlas as soon as I get the time. I'm thrilled about the tango (of course) and thought those children were glorious.

    Down to Sussex tomorrow for an 80th birthday and coursework pouring in, so patchwork not started yet, nor stove lit.

    Missing you both, but thrilled you're doing such amazing things!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E já estão a "meio tempo"...
    Tudo a correr bem? Onde estais agora?
    Já faz hoje um ano que regressei a Portugal!
    Quinta feira vamos para o Algarve, mas parece que o tempo está a querer pregar uma partida... Tem estado tanto calor, em Coimbra chegou a estar 33º, e agora as noites estão frescas. Mas ainda espero ter uns dias de praia...
    Fico a aguardar mais notícias. Um xi muito grande, e que Deus esteja sempre convosco.
    X X X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, at last I remembered to look at this from home not work so I could play the videos. It's so nice to hear your voice! I only have 6 more working days (and one of those will be "worked" from home so that's 5 really) till maternity leave so then I shall watch your videos whenever I like. Alternated with Battlestar Galactica I think.

    Hope no more brushes with crime will be forthcoming,

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dom: Many things have been Twin-Peaksy on this trip, mate. Our last night in Santiago we ate in a restaurant that was just like Norma's diner in TP. Checkered floors, weird music and terrible food.
    Jamie and Jackie's family were fantastic to us - we had a really good few days with them.
    Your blog goes from strange to stranger. Is it a psychology experiment? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Harriet: Then we shall try to upload more videos to amuse you! I think the children are good propaganda for a pregnant lady - they were adorable even when they were naughty.
    I hope you are winding down from work and will get some rest. Love to Jose and the lizards (why haven't they sent love back yet?)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Isabel: Congratulations on 1 year in Portugal. Have a great time at the beach - the weather will only get better...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete