Friday, 24 April 2009

Pink dolphins!


Here, finally, is proof (if proof be need be) that we saw dolphins. Granted you can't see much of them, but you can see their little pointy teeth and their ball-playing antics.
We also wanted to link to this Kjarkas' video: in the hotel we stayed at on Isla del Sol, it played for every breakfast and dinner we had there (repeated viewings lead to hysteria). NB: I can't view YouTube on this internet connection, so I hope the link works ok.
We're now in Cuzco (¡Hola Peru!) preparing for a five-day trek to Macchu Piccu, so will be incommunicado for that time. Wish us luck: it's at high altitudes and includes lots of steep ascents. However, we are assured that there is a 'rescue pony' for returning any unwell travellers, so we'll be fighting over who gets to use it first. Love to all.

5 comments:

  1. Classic Kjarkas' action... you can imagine them hooking up with Freddie Mercury (were he still with us) and producing one of the definitive aesthetic statements of our generation. Of course I can't be sure what they're singing about but suspect it's something to do with double-glazing, right? Love the monkey video below and commend your silence during filming... I like dolphins too, but not sure I'd be brave enough to let them nibble my toes. I guess I'd have to get to know one fairly well first, meet the folks etc. Slightly weird question but, do they smell of anything? x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um beijinho cheio de saudades!
    X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dom: The song is in tribute to Pachamama (Mother Earth) and the great stuff she's done for us. Other songs go along the lines of 'Now that I've really got to know you, you'll understand that I never want to see you again...' Frank is a genuine fan and has already bought a CD.
    Hmmm, do dolphins smell, do dolphins smell? Frank says no, but that may be because the current 'shower to every-day-that-passes ratio' means that we really can't judge how anyone else smells. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather a delayed comment, sorry, but it may greet you on your return from the high altitude trek. I've been whipping up and then marking coursework, which is rather less adventurous than you two. The most exotic thing I've done is nurture two baby trees, an olive and a fig, and plant some sunflower seeds Wendy gave me. Pleasing, though.

    I loved the squirrel monkeys, but don't bring one home as Monty wouldn't like it, or if he did the squirrel monkeys wouldn't. I've just been looking at pictures of Macchu Picchu. Do not on any account attempt to climb Huayna Picchu without a seatbelt. Are the Galapagos Islands still on your itinerary? Somebody gasped when I said they might be.

    I'm beginning to allow myself to look forward to your return.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anna O'M: We're glad you've been spending some time cultivating the garden - you can give us some tips - it's our main project for when we get back. We did climb Huayna Picchu - and it was as terrifying as you have inferred... see picture in most recent blog. We're both pleasantly anticipating returning, and paying a trip to Silverwood Close (and its inhabitants). Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete