This is where Frank and I will be chronicling our exotic (and less-exotic) adventures driving and trekking round the beautiful (I assume) and welcoming (I hope) countries of South America.
The story so far...
Stage 1: Planning the whole trip
Frank will need to field that one.
Stage 2: Finding someone to teach us Spanish
We've signed up with Espanol Andando who will teach us on the streets of Buenos Aires. Apparently, you're forced to go up to bus drivers and shop owners, and ask theoretical questions that don't really need an answer. This sure-fire way of annoying locals should make sure I mumble at least a few words of Spanish while we're out there.
Stage 3: Finding some friends
I've already contact this English-learning group to find out if we can hang out with them. Turns out we can. Hurrah!
I suppose the first step is to actually leave England which we'll do on 15 February 2009. So please come back to this blog to see how we're doing when we have actually done something (because it'll be more interesting).
Em
Friday, 6 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It all sounds jolly exciting.
ReplyDeleteI challenge you to include a strawberry bootlace in every photo you take. Although you may want to consider that ants are found on every continent except Antarctica.
¡A lack of inverted exclamation marks may annoy locals if you resort to post-it notes or placards! Mind you, transcribed shouting is never the best way to bridge linguistic divides.
Thanks Ubu. Do you happen to know a good keyboard shortcut for getting the inverted exclamation mark?
ReplyDeleteHow do you know it's strawberry bootlace? Frank and I may just like chewing electrical cable.
Alt-0161. (Hold down Alt key; type 0161 on number keypad, making sure number lock is on; release Alt key.) ¡Carmencita, hijastra del fuego!
ReplyDeleteJudging by Frank's alarm, you're siphoning precious Tizer out of his tummy.
Hope to speak to you tomorrow, but if not, goede reis and 'Bun' voyage. Ho ho.
ReplyDeleteUm, just one request. Please will you post in English? =)
ReplyDelete