Monday, 23 February 2009

Carnaval!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty much identical to the pancake Tuesday celebrations we've been having in Highbury. Glad you guys are having a whale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am belatedly spoiling your magical number of 21 followers -- perfect for this rite-of-passage adventure -- but it's taken me this long to work out how to enter the mysterious blogosphere. Carnaval looks spectacular: did they serve you pancakes on Tuesday? Expect you'll be seeing some wilderness in the next 40 days but hope to read of more interesting menus than bread and water. Love, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola my lovelies! It sounds like you're having an amazing time and it's wonderful to be able to follow your adventures from grey and rainy London.

    I am just back from my own miniature South American expedition, but failed to see any of Colombia's carnivals. Ah well. The wedding was fantastic and included some carnival dancers at the reception which was pretty cool. Also, I did manage to make some pancakes last night though so I wasn't entirely lacking in Mardis Gras fun...

    Lots of love to you both. I look forward to the next update.

    xC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola a todos,

    Bruce: thanks for joining the fun! We are having a whale - hopefully Orcas in Patagonia (not to eat, that would be unecological).

    Rick: welcome to the blogosphere (said like seasoned pros)! I thought of you and Mum when we saw tango dancers on Monday (not as good as your exhibition at Silverwood Close).

    Heal: where´s a fetching photo *my* lovely? Glad we were on the same continent for a while. What did you have in your pancakes?

    Love Em and Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. In response to your demand, I have uploaded a jaunty photo of myself pretending to be the Artful Dodger. I hope it will suffice.

    The pancakes were served in a kind of do-it-yourself style: once presented with their crepe my guests could fill it with whatever they desired from a choice of cheese, ham, leeks and mushrooms with either tomato or cheesy sauces on top. Then traditional lemon and sugar for pudding. Or a thing I do putting sliced apples, sugar and cinnamon in the pan for a second before adding the batter.

    Mmmm. Lent.

    xC

    ReplyDelete